Which information does my QR code contain?
The Dutch QR code
In case of a Dutch QR code, the inspector only sees a minimal amount of information on their screen:
- Green screen: the person has a valid certificate for 1G access
- Red screen: person does not have a valid certificate for 1G access
The inspector is unable to see which type of certificate a person has. When they check your identity, the inspector sees:
- The first letter of your first name, the first letter of your last name,
- Your birth month and date of birth
Due to privacy the controller won’t always see all the details above. When details are left out, they are replaced by a “-“ (dash).
The international QR code
If you’re traveling with the CoronaCheck app, personal details are visible during checks at location entrances or border controls. This is due to an official agreement within Europe (Digital Coronavirus Certificate).
Depending on the certificate, the inspector sees:
- The type of test, the date of testing, and the test result, or;
- The type of vaccine, the vaccination date, and the test result, or;
- The recovery certificate details;
- Your first and last name;
- Your date of birth.
The CoronaCheck app privacy statement also includes an overview of all personal details.