Frequently asked questions
View the actual status of CoronaCheck
Check the status page to see if there is a known issue.
- How does the CoronaCheck app work?
- Which phones are compatible with CoronaCheck?
- Which locations require a coronavirus pass?
- How long is my corona certificate valid and can I use it multiple times?
- How is my coronavirus pass checked?
- Which information does my QR code contain?
- Does the CoronaCheck app work offline too?
- I'm experiencing symptoms, have to quarantine or have been tested positive. What should I do? And what happens to my coronavirus pass?
- How can I change the language of the CoronaCheck-app?
- Why do I have a Dutch and an international QR code?
- Why does the QR code have to be checked every time, even on repeat visits, for example to the gym?
- Research: how do we know CoronaCheck works?
Using CoronaCheck in the Netherlands
- I want to get tested for coronavirus. Where should I go?
- When can I make a vaccination certificate?
- When can I create a recovery certificate?
- I did not receive a Dutch vaccination certificate, but I did receive an international vaccination certificate. What can I do?
- I've been vaccinated abroad. Can I make a vaccination certificate with CoronaCheck?
- Can I add someone else’s certificate to my CoronaCheck app?
International travel with CoronaCheck
- What is the EU Digital COVID Certificate?
- I haven’t been vaccinated. Can I travel internationally?
- Can I use CoronaCheck abroad?
- Why do I have a separate international QR code for every vaccination I've had? And which one should I use?
- I’m from another European country. Can I use my certificate to visit an event or location in the Netherlands?
- I would rather print a QR code. How does the paper certificate work?
- What’s the difference between the paper QR code and the CoronaCheck app?
- Is it possible to have a QR code in the CoronaCheck app and on paper at the same time?
- I don't have a DigiD, smartphone or computer with a printer
- I requested a paper coronavirus pass from my healthcare provider. How do I add it to the CoronaCheck app?
- We’re a test provider, can we connect with the CoronaCheck app?
- I’ve heard the code is open-source. Where can I find it?
- Do I have to use the coronavirus entry pass at our venue or event, and how does this work?
- Can I connect my own application to the CoronaCheck app or CoronaCheck Scanner app?
- How did CoronaCheck come to be?
- What's the difference between CoronaCheck and Coronapas?
- What happens to QR codes that have been tampered with?